Web application developer
At Flexmail we are looking for a web application developer who loves to work according to the latest standards and takes pride in delivering high-quality code. You will be working on all aspects of our email marketing platform, front-end, back-end and infrastructure, as well as help out support from time to time to make sure our clients can work smoothly.
You write tests in your sleep and make pull requests for breakfast. You write documentation because you understand what it is to work in a team and you automate any process that can be automated because writing code is more fun than repetitive work. Performance is at the top of your list when you test your own work or when you do a code review.
You don’t mind talking about your work and love a friendly discussion to get to the right solution. You can organise your own work and you make sure you stay up-to-date with the latest technologies. You can work by yourself or in a team, work on small improvements or a big new feature.
- Relevant experience as a PHP developer using modern frameworks and version control
- Strong experience with web service development (XML, JSON, RESTful APIs, SOAP, ...)
- Knowledge of automated testing
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Solid knowledge of databases at scale (MySQL, ElasticSearch, ...)
- Understand servers, caching, network setups, ...
- Experience with email sending infrastructure and email deliverability
- Experience with scrum
- Contributor on open source projects
- Experience with refactoring large codebases
- Experience with scaling applications, microservices, caching
- Experience with QA
- Experience with React, package managers, queuing, operations
- Experience with email marketing
- Speaker at conferences and meetups
Flexmail is a growing team in which you get the opportunity to take responsibility and make your mark. We offer you a challenging position in a professional organisation to work with a wide variety of technologies on a complete platform with a significant client base.
We offer a good salary and benefits based on experience and knowledge, with opportunities and space for self-development and training.