Junior PHP developer
At Flexmail we are looking for a web application developer who wants to learn how to work according to the latest standards and how to deliver high-quality code. You will be working on all aspects of our email marketing platform, front-end, back-end and infrastructure, as well as help out support from time to time to make sure our clients can work smoothly.
You know the difference between a unit test and an acceptance test and worked with a version control system. You read enough documentation to understand the value of adding it when working in a team on a large code base.
You can't stop talking about your work and keep asking questions until you understand all the aspects of the problem. You can organise your own work and you make sure you stay up-to-date with the latest technologies. You can work by yourself or in a team, work on small improvements or a big new feature.
- Relevant first experience as a PHP developer using modern frameworks and version control
- Some experience with web service development (XML, JSON, RESTful APIs, SOAP, ...)
- Knowledge of automated testing
- Knowledge of databases at scale (MySQL, ElasticSearch, ...)
- Knowledge of servers, caching, network setups, ...
- Experience with email sending infrastructure and email deliverability
- Experience with scrum
- Contributor on open source projects
- Experience with refactoring
- Experience with scaling applications, microservices, caching
- Experience with QA
- Experience with React, package managers, queuing, operations
- Experience with email marketing
- Speaker at conferences and meetups
Flexmail is a growing team in which you get the opportunity to take responsibility and learn a lot in a short period of time. We offer you a challenging position in a professional organisation to work with a wide variety of technologies on a complete platform with a significant client base. We offer a good salary and benefits based on experience and knowledge, with opportunities and space for self-development and training.